Sunday, April 8, 2012

What I Wore Today!

Hello all!
New Square Carousel challenge! This one is for the website “What I Wore Today” by Gemma Correll. We are also collaborating with The Pen Pals!

My process for this piece was much different than my usual method. I actually did sketches every day, during one of the most fantastic weeks I’ve had in a long time. South By Southwest was providing tons of entertainment (and free shows, which I was able to see 5 of!), my best friend was in town doing interviews, the weather was lovely, and I was able to enjoy Austin probably more than I ever have. Usually I don’t sketch much, but I felt that the week needed to be documented in as many ways as possible. This also gave me options to choose from for my final piece.

Keep in mind that these are pretty rough (and goofy!) sketches!





And here's my final! I'm pretty pleased with it:


"What I Wore on a Very Good Day," Gouache, 2012.

That's all I have for now!
adios,
caitlin

No comments: